Ajax and Sevilla have joined Barcelona in the race for out-of-favour Tottenham Hotspur defender Davinson Sanchez, per the Daily Express.
The Colombian started the season as Jose Mourinho’s third-choice centre-back but has managed to climb up the ladder over the course of the campaign.
However, after cementing his place in the starting line-up for a brief spell, the 24-year-old committed a horrendous mistake that led to Tottenham losing two points to Newcastle United a fortnight ago.
Since Mourinho held Sanchez responsible for his team’s 2-2 draw at St. James’ Park, the £42million signing returned to the bench.
As it looks at this point, the America de Cali youth academy product has no future in North London and could be on the move comes the summer.
Despite Sanchez’s torrid time in the Premier League, Barcelona have recently added the defender to their list of targets for the upcoming transfer window.
The Catalans are looking to replace injury-prone Samuel Umtiti in the summer and are willing to launch a bid for the Colombia international.
But Ajax and Sevilla are now in the mix, with both sides ready to offer Sanchez a way out of London.
Considering the player’s contract at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium runs until 2024, the Spurs will be able to recoup most of what they paid to sign him four years ago if they opt for a sale in the summer.
Sanchez has never managed to click his Spurs career into gear and could favour a move at the end of the season.
Latest Tottenham News
- Tottenham vs Sheffield United – Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Teddy Sheringham names perfect replacement for Jose Mourinho at Tottenham
- What do Spurs need to keep Harry Kane at the club?
- Mason provides brutal assessment of Tottenham’s current status in English football
- Report: Serge Aurier could depart Tottenham for shocking return to PSG
- Alderweireld hopes to rekindle his Tottenham career after Mourinho’s departure
- Ryan Mason provides update on Harry Kane’s fitness situation ahead of Man City clash
- Tottenham approached Marcelino’s representatives to replace Jose Mourinho
- Jurgen Klinsmann urged Tottenham to sign Paul Pogba-like midfielder
- Tottenham and Maurizio Sarri ‘in talks’ over summer takeover