Ajax and Sevilla have joined Barcelona in the race for out-of-favour Tottenham Hotspur defender Davinson Sanchez, per the Daily Express.
The Colombian started the season as Jose Mourinho’s third-choice centre-back but has managed to climb up the ladder over the course of the campaign.
However, after cementing his place in the starting line-up for a brief spell, the 24-year-old committed a horrendous mistake that led to Tottenham losing two points to Newcastle United a fortnight ago.
Since Mourinho held Sanchez responsible for his team’s 2-2 draw at St. James’ Park, the £42million signing returned to the bench.
As it looks at this point, the America de Cali youth academy product has no future in North London and could be on the move comes the summer.
Despite Sanchez’s torrid time in the Premier League, Barcelona have recently added the defender to their list of targets for the upcoming transfer window.
The Catalans are looking to replace injury-prone Samuel Umtiti in the summer and are willing to launch a bid for the Colombia international.
But Ajax and Sevilla are now in the mix, with both sides ready to offer Sanchez a way out of London.
Considering the player’s contract at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium runs until 2024, the Spurs will be able to recoup most of what they paid to sign him four years ago if they opt for a sale in the summer.
Sanchez has never managed to click his Spurs career into gear and could favour a move at the end of the season.
Latest Tottenham News
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion Preview & Prediction; Will Harry Kane Stay Beyond Summer?
- Tottenham Transfer News: Gleison Bremer, Sam Johnstone and Dejan Kulusevski updates
- Tottenham April 2022 Preview: Five games, five chances to catch up to Arsenal
- Manchester United vs Tottenham – prediction, team news, lineups
- Tottenham Hotspur Boss Antonio Conte Demands Perfection Against Manchester City
- Who Could Provide Cover For Harry Kane and Son Heung-min in Final Third Against Southampton?
- Tottenham Close to Offloading Outcast Midfielder to PSG
- AC Milan Laid Eyes on Tottenham Fringe Defender Japhet Tanganga
- Antonio Conte delivers update on his Tottenham Hotspur ambitions