Jurgen Klinsmann has urged Tottenham Hotspur to pursue a move for Paul Pogba-like midfielder amid speculations about the German’s return to London.
The London powerhouse sacked Jose Mourinho on Monday and are currently on the lookout for a high-profile manager to take charge of the team in the summer.
Klinsmann, who played for Tottenham on two occasions during his professional football career, has emerged as a potential candidate to fill the vacancy.
Inexperienced Ryan Mason will be in caretaker charge for the remainder of the season, with Daniel Levy assessing several options to fill Mourinho’s shoes.
Maurizio Sarri remains a viable candidate, though the Spurs would prefer RB Leipzig’s Julian Naglemsann to take care of the dressing room next season.
Klinsmann’s name has also ended up on Levy’s shortlist despite his underwhelming ten-week stint in the Hertha BSC dugout.
The 56-year-old arrived in Berlin in November 2019 and left the club in February 2020 following a bust-up with Hertha’s investor Lars Windhorst.
A recognized figure in world football, Klinsmann has been out of work since leaving the Bundesliga side.
Speaking of what Tottenham should do in the upcoming transfer window to become competitive in the Premier League again, the German urged Levy to consider a move for top-class midfielder.
He used Manchester United ace Paul Pogba as a reference point.
“If you look at a game like today, where Paul Pogba suddenly raises the bar,” he told ESPN FC (via Daily Express).
“He brings everybody to another level and his teammates then perform accordingly.
“Spurs do not have a player like him. Spurs do not have a player in the middle of the park and really controlling the game.
“You could really see today in the second half.”
Latest Tottenham News
- Tottenham vs Sheffield United – Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Teddy Sheringham names perfect replacement for Jose Mourinho at Tottenham
- What do Spurs need to keep Harry Kane at the club?
- Mason provides brutal assessment of Tottenham’s current status in English football
- Report: Serge Aurier could depart Tottenham for shocking return to PSG
- Alderweireld hopes to rekindle his Tottenham career after Mourinho’s departure
- Ryan Mason provides update on Harry Kane’s fitness situation ahead of Man City clash
- Tottenham approached Marcelino’s representatives to replace Jose Mourinho
- Jurgen Klinsmann urged Tottenham to sign Paul Pogba-like midfielder
- Tottenham and Maurizio Sarri ‘in talks’ over summer takeover