According to The Guardian, Manchester United will try to smooth talks with Tottenham Hotspur by bidding as quickly as possible for Harry Kane this summer.
The Red Devils are looking to sign a new striker with Anthony Martial linked with an exit after spending eight years at Old Trafford.
Kane is said to be their top priority, while they are also keen on Napoli’s Victor Osimhen.
But the Serie A outfit are demanding an incredible £130 million transfer fee for the Nigerian, which would put him out of United’s reach.
Kane’s current contract at Spurs is set to expire in June 2024, having penned his last deal in 2018.
If he refuses to pen an extension, the Londoners face the prospect of losing him for free next year.
The England international is widely regarded as one of the best strikers in the world.
Since making his competitive debut in August 2011, the centre-forward has scored an incredible 278 goals in 434 appearances in all competitions.
He has also been in brilliant form this season, netting 28 goals in 37 Premier League appearances.
Spurs fans will not want to part with him at all, but at the same time they will likely understand if he wants to move to another club where he can win major trophies.
He has been a very loyal servant at the Lilywhites, and has consistently been delivering good performances.
Kane is now leading the club’s all-time top scoring charts, with the 29-year-old breaking Jimmy Greaves’ long-standing record in February.
Daniel Levy will likely try his best to keep the experienced striker in North London, but a huge transfer fee could also tempt the businessman to let the player leave this summer.
Latest Tottenham News
- Preview: Fulham vs Tottenham – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Tottenham in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Postecoglou looks to revive club’s fortunes
- Harry Kane has achieved everything at Tottenham, but can Levy keep him?
- Manchester United planning to bid as quickly as possible for Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Tottenham Hotspur in April: Next six Premier League fixtures
- Leicester City vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview –Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Tottenham in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Tottenham Hotspur Players at the 2022 World Cup