The exciting Premier League matches continue on Thursday as Tottenham Hotspur face West Ham in North London.
The Lilywhites are just two points off the top-four in the league standings, while their London rivals are occupying the ninth spot with 21 points.
Tottenham were on a three-match losing streak when they travelled to Manchester City last weekend. Hopes were not very high that Spurs would come away with a positive result from the Etihad Stadium.
But Ange Postecoglou’s side stunned the defending champions, coming back twice from a goal down to snatch a point.
The Citizens were leading 2-1 at the break after an own-goal from Son Heung-min and Phil Foden’s strike, but Giovani Lo Celso restored parity with an excellent curling effort on 69 minutes.
Jack Grealish’s late goal made it look like a home victory was close, but Dejan Kulusevski’s 90th-minute header ensured the spoils of the game were shared.
Postecoglou’s men will now come up against West Ham, who played out a 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace last time out.
Mohammed Kudus provided an early breakthrough for the hosts, but Odsonne Edouard rescued a point for the visitors with a second-half equaliser.
The Hammers have seen a great improvement this season as they are sitting in the top-half of the Premier League table after winning six of their 14 matches.
Manager Ange Postecoglou is dealing with a lot of injury woes this week. James Maddison, Rodrigo Bentancur, Ivan Perisic, Pape Matar Sarr, Micky van de Ven, Manor Solomon, and Ryan Sessegnon are all recovering from fitness issues. But in a positive Tottenham news, Cristian Romero will be available for selection after serving his suspension.
As for West Ham, Michail Antonio will sit out Thursday’s game due to a knee injury. Meanwhile, Kurt Zouma is also a doubt for the away clash after a robbery at his family home last weekend.
Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United potential line-ups
Tottenham Hotspur: Vicario; Porro, Romero, Davies, Udogie; Bissouma, Lo Celso; Johnson, Kulusevski, Gil; Son
West Ham United: Areola; Coufal, Zouma, Aguerd, Emerson; Alvarez, Ward-Prowse; Kudus, Soucek, Paqueta; Bowen
How to Watch?
Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United, as well as all the other English top-flight matches, can be watched via the football streams.
Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United prediction
Spurs have been dealing with plenty of injury woes, but their performance against City proves they can battle with the best despite their issues. Wednesday’s match is unlikely to be a one-sided affair but we believe Tottenham will prevail.
Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 West Ham United
Latest Tottenham News
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Wolverhampton Wanderers – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- From crisis to contention – Tottenham’s unforeseen league challenge
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Fulham vs Tottenham – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Tottenham in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Postecoglou looks to revive club’s fortunes
- Harry Kane has achieved everything at Tottenham, but can Levy keep him?
- Manchester United planning to bid as quickly as possible for Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane