Under-fire Juventus goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny would never join Tottenham Hotspur despite recent reports suggesting otherwise.
Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano has taken to Twitter douse any embers of optimism that Szczesny could become Tottenham’s new shot-stopper.
The Spurs could be in the market for a new keep in the summer as 34-year-old Hugo Lloris approaches the autumn of his career.
Joe Hart and Paulo Gazzaniga are Jose Mourinho’s current options for the Frenchman’s understudy, but the Londoners need a more recognized goalkeeper moving forward.
Several Premier League regulars have emerged as potential Lloris’ successors, including Burnley’s Nick Pope and West Bromwich’s Sam Johnstone.
But Tottenham also keep close tabs on some options overseas, with Lille’s Mike Maignan emerging as the most exciting prospect.
Szczesny’s name has recently surfaced as another possibility as Juventus consider severing ties with the Poland international in the summer.
Despite being Andrea Pirlo’s first choice between the sticks this season, the Pole could depart the Allianz Stadium for a satisfying offer.
The 30-year-old was under contract at Arsenal for eight years before moving to Turin in 2017 for a reported fee of €12.2million.
Szczesny still holds affection for the Gunners and would never team up with their fierce cross-town rivals, says Romano.
The Italian goes a step further to claim no contacts have been made between the parties to discuss a potential deal.
Latest Tottenham News
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion Preview & Prediction; Will Harry Kane Stay Beyond Summer?
- Tottenham Transfer News: Gleison Bremer, Sam Johnstone and Dejan Kulusevski updates
- Tottenham April 2022 Preview: Five games, five chances to catch up to Arsenal
- Manchester United vs Tottenham – prediction, team news, lineups
- Tottenham Hotspur Boss Antonio Conte Demands Perfection Against Manchester City
- Who Could Provide Cover For Harry Kane and Son Heung-min in Final Third Against Southampton?
- Tottenham Close to Offloading Outcast Midfielder to PSG
- AC Milan Laid Eyes on Tottenham Fringe Defender Japhet Tanganga
- Antonio Conte delivers update on his Tottenham Hotspur ambitions